Producer (KNSD – San Diego, CA)
July 2016 – Aug. 2018
- Responsible for the creation of an hour-long newscast.
- Manage story producers and reporter assignments.
- Provide leadership under deadline pressures and adapt newscasts according to breaking news.
- Edit compelling video for teases and stories using Edius XS.
- Engage with viewers on social media platforms and the NBC 7 news app.
- Handle marketing pitches and prepare interview segments.
Associate Producer (KNSD – San Diego, CA)
Dec. 2015 – Current
- Wrote scripts for 2.5 hours of local morning newscasts using iNEWS.
- Built graphics using Chyron.
- Edited story video using Edius XS.
- Wrote and produced Today Show cut-ins.
- Used push alerts, twitter, and Facebook to drive viewers to newscast and website.
- Fill-in produced newscasts.
Producer (KBAK – Bakersfield, CA)
Jan. 2015 – Dec. 2015
- Produced and wrote 6/11 p.m. newscasts (Jan. – May) and 5 p.m. (June – Dec.) using ENPS and Chyron.
- Posted content to station’s website using Clickability.
- Posted to social media using Sprinklr.
- Sent push alerts to drive audience to web and newscast.
- Edited video as needed using Edius.
Emma Bowen Foundation Intern (KNSD – San Diego, CA)
Summers of Aug. 2010 – Aug. 2014
The Emma Bowen Foundation prepares minority youth for careers in the media industry through a five summer internship at a corporate sponsor.
During my five summers at NBC San Diego (KNSD), I interned 40 hours per week and rotated through:
- Wrote and produced 6 p.m. sports segment using iNEWS and Chyron.
- Edited video using Edius and Stratus for sportscast and weekly ‘Sportswrap’ show.
- Wrote stories for NBCSanDiego.com.
- Took photos at events to create galleries on NBCSanDiego.com.
- Actively participated in morning newsroom meetings by pitching stories for broadcast.
- Managed 6 summer interns, including sending offer letters, completing on boarding paperwork, and participating in exit interviews.
- Screened candidates for newsroom positions.
- Ensured accurate and timely completion of employee compliance training.
- Assisted with the archiving and digitization of company records and news tapes.
- Assisted with filing FCC License Renewal Application.
- Input commercial copy and flight instructions precisely and accurately using WideOrbit.
- Acted as liaison between in-house and outside companies for timely spot delivery.
- Organized commercials and minimized scheduling conflicts to ensure advertiser satisfaction.
- Maintained commercial library and purge old materials.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns using PowerPoint.
- Supported and assisted in a variety of marketing initiatives for the Sochi Olympics.
- Researched and identified potential new partnerships and business development opportunities.
- Pulled advertiser reports and audits for various account executives.
- News Skills: iNews, ENPS, Chyron, Deko, Edius, NewsEdit, Newscutter, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, Stratus
- Computer Skills: Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Social Media Skills: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, WordPress, Urban Airship, Social Flow, Sprinklr, Clickability
Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ)
December 2014 graduate
- B.A Journalism and Mass Communication, summa cum laude
- 2018 NATAS PSW Emmy Award – Best Large Market Morning Newscast
- 2018 San Diego Press Club – Best Live Report
- 2018 San Diego Press Club – Best Breaking News Coverage
- 2018 Society for Professional Journalists – Best Video Newscast
- 2018 Society for Professional Journalists – Best Breaking News Coverage
- 2016 NATAS PSW Emmy, Newscast-Evening-Smaller Markets
- 2015 RTNA Golden Mike, Best News Broadcast – 60 Minutes
- 2015 RTNA Golden Mike, Best Coverage of a Live News Event